Sunday, January 4, 2015

Meal Planning Saturday!


It's the day before break is over and all through the house
all the creatures are freaking out, even a mouse.
The bookbags were strewn by the door with some care
in hope that a snowday would perhaps appear...?
Mrs. McGuire was all snug in her bed
while visions of laughter, chatter and grading danced in her head.

My winter break is coming to a close. It is always nice to be able to take a step back and recollect your sanity!
When discussing this with a friend we were both feeling anxious because coming off a break is like going from nothing to everything!

So, to make my life easier and healthier I planned out some meals.

My wonderful husband also made a work document to help our souls survive ;)
It's seriously a thing of beauty!



An on-the-go gal (or guys) best friend.... The WRAP


I went wrap crazy with my meal planning this week.
Why?

  • I eat my breakfast on the road between working out and getting my class ready for 27 active 3rd graders!
  • I need to have energy and I need it quick!
  • Even some lunches are spent running around



I created several wraps for this week:
  • Peanut butter and fruit
  • Nutella Peanut butter and Fruit (special Friday Treat!)
  • Cream cheese and Veggies with Garlic and onion cream cheese
  • Hummus and Veggie

For the Cream Cheese
  • 1 clove of minced garlic
  • 2 green onions
  • 4 ounces of cream cheese
  • a dash of pepper


this provided a nice glue for the wrap

In the Veggie Wraps
  • 2 small grated carrots
  • 1/4 avocado sliced
  • Half a mini cucumber



I also made 10 
Breakfast Burritos! 
For mornings on the go...
  • 6 breakfast sausages
  • 8 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 5 small potatoes
  • 10 tortillas
  1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees
  2. Uncase the sausages and cook in a skillet on medium heat for 15 mins, flipping or moving it around ever 5 minutes
  3. While the sausage cooks mix together the milk and eggs with some salt and pepper and garlic powder.
  4. Cut up the potatoes into inch thick cubes
  5. Drain the sausage on paper towel and set aside
  6. Scramble eggs
  7. While eggs scramble, put the potatoes on a cooking sheet with a light amount of olive oil
  8. Cook potatoes for 20 minutes 
  9. Incorporate all the cooked ingredients together
When you assemble the burritos I put about a 1/2 cup of filling in each burrito.

I froze my burritos in cling wrap and then put them all in a freezer bag.

To Reheat burritos:
Uncover the burrito and put on a plate of paper towel in the microwave for 1 minute.

Happy Meal Planning!
-Mel




2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa. Quick question... Did you freeze the wraps with the fruit, cream cheese, veggies, or hummus? Just wondering how long those will last either frozen/unfrozen. Thanks!
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristin,
      I didn't freeze the wraps and plan on eating them this week. I'm guessing in the fridge they would last about a week. Sometimes fruits get mushy when their frozen and thawed out again. You could try it with the veggies :)
      Thanks!

      Delete