Friday, February 18, 2011

The Mission

Lucky me :) A little over 2 years ago I met Ty. He was unlike anyone I have ever met and I felt surprisingly at ease around him very early on. Despite my efforts to be cynical about love and relationships, I fell quickly and completely in love with his sweet, reliable green eyes. 4 months ago he surprised me with an elaborate scavenger hunt with notes and Polaroid pictures of our most special places. It led me to the top of a parking structure in downtown Ann Arbor. Amidst the night lights of my favorite city, with Ray LaMontagne playing in the background he knelt down on one knee and asked me to marry him. The answer was a given :)


What's this have to do with food?
Ever since that point I have been thinking about the future a lot. The future starts now, and the actions and food I eat today effect what happens tomorrow. I realized that I want to eat healthy, not because I want to look my best in my wedding dress (which I do) it's more than that. When I think about 50-60 years down the road I think about my future grandkids; I want to be around and active for them. I want to be an unstoppable 80 year old!


Since then I have been on the lookout for healthy/delicious options and found, to my relief, that they are out there! You just have to track them down.
Which is what I'm going to do!
I'm going to search, discover and invent yummy, healthy options and share them with my friends. 


Up Next: Spin Dip Remake.
I'll be taking Spinach Artichoke Dip and making it into a yummy healthy snack. I promise no sacrifice on taste, I'll share some of my ingredient secrets :)
"After all the trouble you go to, you get about as much actual "food" out of eating an artichoke as you would from licking 30 or 40 postage stamps."  ~Miss Piggy


...we shall see Miss Piggy.

TTFN, Meli <3



Image found at: http://img4.myrecipes.com

2 comments:

  1. melissa you're incredible!! and I fully appreciate your initial dedication to being cynical :)

    ReplyDelete