Thursday, April 14, 2011

Adventures at Buffalo Wild Wings

I thought I was eating healthy. I thought that my new-found running skills were paying off. So HOW did I gain 2 pounds last weekend??? Alright, I was enjoying some adult beverages for a good friend's b-day and I did go to Buffalo wild wings, but I only got 8 boneless wings and french fries. I thought to myself, that can't be that bad, my guess would be around 700 calories. So I decided to look up the information online and figure out how many calories I really took in at dinner.

After searching there website for nutritional info and coming up short I decided to "contact them" and get the information. Within a couple hours they had sent me the full menu with all the dirty details.

HOLY MOLY.... My meal last week which consisted of 8 boneless wings, French fries and ranch dressing earned me a whopping 1,404 calories. That doesn't include my mixed drink :( That's TWICE as many calories as I had expected.
I'm starting to understand why they don't put the nutritional information on their website, it's some scary stuff.

I think it's important to to understand what you are eating, I thought I was being good by only having 1 oz of ranch dressing when really the ranch dressing has more calories than the fries! 320 calories for one little oz!

This weekend is my second chance. I'll be going to Buffalo Wild Wings this Friday and I'm going in well equipped.
I think it's a wonderful strategy to look up the nutritional info before you go. You wouldn't buy a car without knowing how much it cost, so why would you eat a meal and not know how many calories you're eating? Ty and I found some other options like the grilled chicken sandwich that aren't gut-bulgers.


Here is a sample of some of the calorie content on the menu. If you want the full menu which include the calories from fat, sodium, protein etc just e-mail me at meliteach@gmail.com and I'll gladly send you the information :)

Tenders & Popcorn Shrimp
Naked Tenders (each ) 43
Breaded Tenders (each) 170
1/2 lb Popcorn Shrimp 587
Wings & Boneless
Wings (each) 72
Boneless (each) 88
Ribs & Combos Meals
Ribs & Chicken Tenders 1860
Ribs & Popcorn Shrimp 1480
Ribs & Boneless Wings 1960
Chicken Tenders & Popcorn Shrimp 1120
Ribs & Traditional Wings 1860
Ribs & More Ribs 2380
Boneless Wings &Traditional Wings 1480
Popcorn Shrimp & Fish 820


Enjoy your night out and don't sacrifice everything you love. I'll be ordering smarter tomorrow and I'll still be able to enjoy my favorite food (FRIES!) and not put on 2 pounds in the process :)

Next up...
Healthy food for people who love to snack, like me!

-Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment